Friday, February 13, 2009

My Endowment Day

When my bishop asked me if I was interested in taking out my endowments I wasn't really sure why or where the question came from....it sort of popped up out of the blue. So I was thinking "sure, like it will ever happen." So I told him sure. Within a week I had my interviews and I was ready to go. The Stake President said the sooner I did it the better and it was the last week in January. So I thought what better way to spend Valentines Day than in the temple with your loved ones. So my mom called the temple and set it up for Valentine's Day. Two days later we get a call from the temple saying that they had two brides wanting the 14th and want to know if we would be willing to change the date. My Mom said yes, they said great we will see you this Saturday the 7th :) So I had 5 days to get my dress, tell my family, and go. It came together really good. So many people wrote and called and congratulated me!! It was a great time to realize how many people really truly love you! So Thanks everyone.


At first I wasn't going to post this day, because I thought it something private and special, But after reading comments and e-mails from my loving family I decided that I need to post this to let everyone know that I am grateful for their love and thoughts!
February 7th 2009
I woke up and my Mom and Dad were so sweet and full of smiles. I have never been to the temple before so I was not sure what was about to happen or what was to be expected. My very good friend Alisha works in the South Jordan Temple and she said the best thing you can do is just go and have fun. So that is the attitude I had! I did---- this day was the most fun I have ever had in a long time. When I was in the dressing room I could hear the temple ladies talking about me and they said, "She is so cute!" "She is so calm" "It was such a joy watching her come today, she seems so happy" Plus every time I saw someone they would hug me and say," You are soooo cute." I felt very loved that day and that the Lord really is aware of me and LOVED me!! I never want to forget this day or how I felt....PEACE!!
A lot that happened this day is very sacred and special. I know now why so many people are speechless when they talk about their feelings of the temple.


I feel very blessed that the Lord has allowed me to have this opportunity to go through the temple and make my promises with him. I love this church and feel very blessed to be a member. I know that Heavenly Father loves us, that he is by our sides crying when we are, and he is laughing with us during the good times. I felt him so strongly that day, and will always look for him everyday.

To my wonderful family,
Sam and Laura you guys are always great to cheer me up and you have awesome boys that I love sooooo much. Thank you for being apart of my Family.

Kris and Kenzee you are so loving and are the top of service. When people mention service and devotion I think of you. You are so kind and very forgiving!!

Kalab and Kym are just hilarious :) I love the laughter and joy you guys bring into the family. It is never a dull moment with you around!

Rachel and Jon you guys are the glue that holds us together. Rachel you are always reminding us to take family photos and encouraging us to be more together. THANKS SISITA

My Mom and Dad..... I know that every child says that they have the best parents, but I DO!! You guys started so young and I am grateful for that because I feel like we have grown up together. People always say "How are you twenty-four and still living with your parents?" But you are not my parents you are my best friends!! There are no other two people that I would want to spend my life with. You guys make me laugh and I hope and Pray that I will find a man that will give me the same type of love you have for each other. You can see how much you guys love each other and I know that life has not been easy for you guys, but THANK YOU THANK YOU for staying together and working HARD to give me the best life and family I have!!


To all my ward family and friends who sent your best wishes this day,
THANK YOU I know that I have friends and family who would literally walk through fire for me. Most of you have!!




I love you all and I wouldn't want my life without you!!!

10 comments:

Kenzee Jo said...

Very touching Bec...you're a wonderful person and sister...What a great day and I am glad that I could be there for it!!!

KymandKalab said...

Awwww- thanks Becky. I'm glad I got to be there. And sorry I posted pictures on my facebook. I didn't know you weren't planning or blogging about it. I am so lucky to have you as my sister-in-law. You've been great to me from day 1! Love ya!

A Country Girl and A Southern Boy said...

YOUR AWESOME DUDE!!! We have been through alot you and I, and I look forward to so much more. I don't know where I'd be in life with out you. You have always been an example to me... through everything to be nice, to smile more, and of course your strong testimony!! I LOVE YOU MAN!!! We Sistas we HEAR!!!

A Country Girl and A Southern Boy said...

P.S. DO THE V-DAY TAG!!!

charly said...

Becca

That is so awesome. When you said the bishop asked if you were ready, you know you are a very special person. Congrats!!

Next time your in Vernal look me up. I am always here. 435-789-3130home
435-790-6508cell.

Marlene said...

Becky,

I had no idea that you'd gone to the temple. Congrats! I think it's so neat that the bishop asked you and not the other way around.

sweetshaw25 said...

Congratulations again, Becca. I wish I could have been there...You are such a sweet spirit and I miss you terribly!!! You are a great example to me and my children love you dearly!!!

Mike and Quel said...

That is so exciting. Its way more exciting than having a baby. Congratulations. The temple is a wonderful place to be. And I love that you and your mom are so close, I never see one of you without the other at church, or anywhere else for that matter. I need to come do visiting teaching! I'm going to call soon and see if we can ever coordinate times!

Wardles said...

I'm so happy for you Beck! I am sorry I missed it! I really wanted to, but didn't know if the Vernal temple had clothes to rent or not... my dress doesn't fit me anymore =) Also, didn't know about the long drive. It sounds like such a beautiful day! I'm so happy for you.. and isn't the Vernal temple just amazing!! So happy for you!

Sarah said...

Congrats Becca, good for you!!