Sunday, June 28, 2009

Safari Air Cargo

About a week ago we got a phone call from our Taxidermist in Salt Lake. He said that two Large crates were delivered to him today. All the way from South Africa.

So Mom, Kris, Kenzee, Declan and I. (Dad was going to go but it has rained hard here a lot the last three months and the weather is not helping with migraines) We headed to Salt Lake to pick up our "trophies". The horns and hides from our hunting trip last July.

This was a Thursday. So the next morning (Friday) we pulled them all out and layed them on the lawn. It was so hard telling whose Impala's was whose. I saw mine in SLC and I told Kenzee when Mirlin (our taxidermist) pulled it out, "That is mine!"

After and hour of arguing with my mom and Kalab I went and got my picture off the wall and said look! I was right :)

So then we got all the photographs and was comparing them. The shipping labels and list was all mixed up. It said my Impala belonged to Kris. Sorry Kris....mine is the BIGGEST :D

So you can see what a world record Impala looks like. Most of the animals we shot scored with the Safari International Club. Good Hunting!!!

22 1/2 inches in height

Dad's was right behind me at 22 inches

Then I shot another one too. It measured in at 19 and some odd inches, ha ha ha yeah I brag more about the 22 1/2 ha ha ;)

Here is a picture of me and my BIG Impala so you can see what they look like with fur and color.

1 comment:

A Country Girl and A Southern Boy said...

DUDE! Nice rack! LOL! I can't wait to get them all done! Thanks for taking pictures since I missed it!