Saturday, June 6, 2009

TRISTAN (My Book)

For those of you who didn't know last April I lost my job at a preschool here in Green River it was a night mare and one I don't really want to talk about. I do want to say though it was a blessing in disguise because I was able to have some free time to write a Children's story that had been rolling around in the back of my mind. The other blessing is I was able to move on and meet new people and get another job, that I was sure I was never going to get right or quite in enjoy.... BUT I do! So anyways back to the book:

I was deer hunting last fall; I know of all the places :) Anyways I was sitting there on the side of hill and the whole time I kept wanting to see zebras or elephants or a lion walk through the trees. Then my mind began to wander and think how it would be to live in Africa and go hunting and see those things walk through the trees like no big deal. I have been to Africa and I have seen those animals, but you know how we are here in the US "oh it's another deer or antelope."

So my nephew was a little older than two at the time, very curious! He was always watching people and things to see how they work or why they did the things they do. It got me thinking how he would love to be sitting here on the mountain with me and see these odd creatures walk through the trees. That my friends; developed a story in my mind.


Now I have "Tristan"!


I had no intentions of getting this book published. This author that I love said he began to write books for his niece and nephew as Christmas presents. So I thought that was a great idea and since I had this story rolling around I decided to put it down on paper.

When I lost my job I thought things can not get any worse, so why not take a chance. So I spent a few days on the Internet researching how you go about getting a book published. I found a few publishers that specialized in Children's books. So I sent them a copy of "Tristan".

Publish America responded back to me within a week. They are wonderful to work with!! I was able to sign a contract with them with the stipulation that I have all the rights to the book. They sent me a certificate and a dollar bill telling me that I am an official author and the dollar was for them to be able to work with my book. They bought it for a dollar basically. Then I worked with an editor and a design team to get the layout the way I wanted and now it is done. Being printed! I am so excited. I don't expect to make a lot of money off of this! It is nice just to have something out in the world with my name on it. Something to feel accomplished! So in 6 weeks my book "Tristan" will be available to buy. They sent me a list of stores it will be in and the only ones we have here in Utah/ Wyoming is: Barnes and Noble and Borders. If you let me know you are interested and you can't find it. I can give a item # and the stores can order it in. I am really excited about this and I hope that you enjoy it too!

I am going to create a website or BLOG just for this book, so when that is done I will let you know. (Please do not copy the picture because it is not released to the public yet) I just want to share with my friends and family a little piece of my excitement!!

5 comments:

Mike and Quel said...

I'm so excited for you. That is just awesome that you got a book published! Good luck with it! And thanks thanks thanks again from you and your mom! I absolutely love the baby blanket, it is perfect!

Kenzee Jo said...

You are amazingly talented!! You should be very proud of yourself, because anyone who knows you is and always will be :]

Aubrey A said...

Wow! I am beyond impressed!! You rock! I will buy one for each of my boys, and I'll have you sign them! That way, when you become a famous author they'll have a first edition signed copy worth bukoo bucks!! I can't wait to buy it!! CONGRATS!!!

Schnackenberg's said...

Very exciting!!! I will have to look for it and have it for my little baby j on the way. Thanks for sharing.

Josh said...

Congrats! That is too exciting. That is something that I have always wanted (and still want) to do. I will keep an eye out for it and look forward to reading it.