Wednesday, July 1, 2009

fLaMiNg GoRgE dAyS



Last weekend was our city's annual Flaming Gorge Days. It is a three day event. There are concerts, sports competitions, and a flee market and rides and the parade. Last year I worked for the city so I got to be a part of that. This year I was just in the parade.
The theme for the parade this year was: Carnival

About a week before the parade my friend asked me if I would draw some carnival animals for her "paint mobile". (The school district hires students every summer to do maintenance for the school buildings. They have a weed crew and lawn crew and a paint crew. The paint crew is lucky to ride around in an old bus that is painted like a the partridge family bus. Which is even funnier because my friend, Laurie, who drives the bus; looks like Shirley Jones!) So of course I told her yes!








So then I started thinking of all the animals that you might see in like a circus and clowns just kept coming to me. At the time the Transportation Office was not going to do a float this year. Anyways I had a dream of all the bus drivers dressed up like clowns walking in the parade. When I woke up the saying " At transportation we don't CLOWN around!" came to me. So I went and talked to my supervisor about my idea and within three days we had transformed a little bus into a clown. It was so much fun putting it all together!!




The Goofy Glasses I found

Then after the parade we went to the award ceremony only to find out we didn't win :( Nothing! Not even second! We were so upset, I thought for sure we had the best one!! Guess not!! It was still fun though!!


Mom and I as Clowns


Laurie's "Paint Mobile" ~look on the windows and you can see my animals





The Clown Bus





2 comments:

Wardles said...

That is so cool that you were able to do that! How fun! It all looks great!!

Wardles said...

Yeah we do need to get together sometime. I was thinking that in September when dave and I go to flaming Gorge for his fishing trip I could maybe come see you! I'll keep you updated. And I want one of your books! How can I get one?